The Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce has unveiled its annual A-List, which highlights local startups that the chamber says have breakout potential.
This year’s winners were announced throughout A-List: Up Close & Personal, a three-part online series hosted by the chamber and South by Southwest on Wednesday and Thursday.
Any stage startup in any industry was eligible to apply. A panel of independent judges chose the winners. This year, 128 companies were nominated.
Now in its ninth year, the list is intended to increase the visibility of Austin’s most fundable, scalable and innovative startups and attract more venture capital funding and top talent to Central Texas.
“A-List is a celebration of Austin’s tech and innovative founders, leaders, companies and teams,” said Leigh Christie, chamber senior vice president of global technology and innovation. “This year’s event was an opportunity to recognize some of those who keep Austin thriving and spotlight timely conversations that are relevant to the Austin tech and innovation community.”
Here is the 2020 A-List:
Tech & Inno Awards
- ActivTrak, workforce analytics software
- AlertMedia, emergency communications technology
- Biomedical Music Solutions, software that combines artificial intelligence and music to reduce patients’ falls and improve balance and mobility.
- Compass, real estate platform
- Dosh, cash back platform
- Future Proof Brands, beverage maker
- Laundris Corporation, commercial laundry and dry cleaning services
- Literati, subscription service for children’s books and book platform for adults
- MEASURE, nonprofit organization that generates research on racial disparities
- Rocket Dollar, financial services company
- SkyGrid, provides an airspace managing system
- Texas Innovation Center, technology commercialization at the University of Texas
- The Etho, online marketplace for apparel, beauty and home goods
- The Helper Bees, partners with insurance companies to connect older adults with local helpers